Monday, August 11, 2008

ALL Mine

In order to be successful, the urge to succeed has to be greater than the fear of failure.

Wow! You’re studying in the States? How are you going to afford the fees?

What? You’ve only got two years’ worth of money? What about the rest?

Scholarship? You sure a? What if your results are not good?

Aerospace Engineering a? I’ve got a friend who studied that and then he changed subject, too hard wo!

Very tough one you know? You sure you can a?

Aiya, study here locally la, the decision makes a lot of sense. I’ve personally known people who did that and succeeded!

You have to be realistic, you know? No money, how to study overseas? Do it locally la!

=====================================================================================

Somehow or other, these questions are often avoided as best as I can. Firstly, because they have been repeated so many times already. Secondly, because these questions are the exact same doubts that I have in my heart.

I do not want to listen to these questions. I strive hard to turn a deaf ear to these pressing issues. Not because I am running away from the question. On the contrary, I’m taking the bull by its horns and handling the issues head on. I’m merely doing it in a different way.

Often, when we surround ourselves with negative questions or issues, we are affected by the negativity and no good could possibly come out of it. And in this case, I am dealing more specifically with the fear of failure to complete my four year degree in US.

It is the reality of life that fuels others to remind me of my perils and continue to stoke my fears. It is the fear of failure that prompts others to continue to question my decision and actions. It is this fear that will willingly govern my life, if I let it.

I will not let the fear of failure be the focus of my life. I will not allow it to govern my life, my action, my dreams and my future!

In contrast, I will need to constantly align my life with my dreams and my desired life. I must dream, and dream big I must, for the rewards of realizing my dreams are great, much greater than the consequences of failing.

I play to win, I don’t play to not loose. I live for the fruits of success, I don’t live to avoid the fruits of failure.

I will live for my dreams, and I will fight for my dreams. I have fears too, but I will not let my fears conquer my urge to succeed. My urge to succeed will prevail; I will prevail.

Cause simply put, this is a battle for all, or nothing at all. Winner takes all, and I will be the winner.

1 comment:

yumin said...

Lol I only wish I have as much courage as you.

Good luck fren.. Keep that spirit and you will succeed =)